We greatly appreciate your support in our Arrival and Dismissal procedures to ensure the wellbeing and safety of all children. We would prefer that parents not park in the front/back parking lots, on Water’s Edge Way, or Rosewood to pick up car riders or walkers. Parking is ok in the front parking lot and streets for Friday morning Tiger tracks and special school events.
Please see the sections below that pertain to your child’s arrival and dismissal routine. A map of the car pool line and no parking areas is on the back.
In the morning all children will need to be dropped off at the front of the building. There will be several teachers there to assist them from the cars and into the building. No children will be allowed to be dropped off at the back of the building through the cafeteria doors.
- When exiting from our front or back parking lots right turn only.
- Must turn right at Waters Edge way to alleviate traffic on this street.
- A walker is defined as a student walking to a house, not being picked up in a car. If you do not want your child walking all the way home, please consider your child to be a car rider and follow the guidelines below for car riders.
- Walkers will be escorted by a teacher from the building to the crosswalk and will continue on their path from there.
- You may meet your child on foot to walk with them, at the Rosewood and Water’s Edge Way crosswalk.
- Parents will not be allowed to park in the front/back parking lots of the school, on Waters Edge Way, or Rosewood to pick up walkers. When parents park here, buses and daycare vans are unable to get around the cars.
- We will use this same dismissal on Rainy Days. If you prefer your child to not be exposed to the rain, please consider your child to be a car rider.
- A car rider is defined as a child waiting to be picked up through the car pool line.
- All students waiting in the car rider area(inside the building on bad weather days) must be picked up through the car pool line. For your child’s safety, we would prefer that parents not park in the parking lot and walk up to the school to get their child.
- Left turns are not allowed out of the parking lot onto Rosewood from 7:00-7:30 or 2:30-3:00.
- Remember your children needs to be picked up promptly upon dismissal at 2:30.
- There are a few acceptable reasons for parking: appointments with teachers and/or administrators or other office business (i.e. change in student information).
Day Care and Bus Riders- All day care and bus riders will be released through the gymnasium.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with these procedures. We appreciate your patience as we implement these procedures. Please remember a note is required on days your child is going home different from their normal dismissal routine.